Thursday, March 26, 2009

Apricot Chicken/ Chicken Elegant

This recipe has been a family favorite for years. My mom is a great cook, and I took this recipe from her. It's super easy, very low in fat & calories and SOOOO good.

Ingredients

- 1/2 cup apricot jam (I use the sugar free version)

- 1/2 cup fat free Catalina/or Russian dressing
- 2 TBS of Lipton Onion Soup mix (dry straight from the package)

- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts


Pound out your chicken breasts so they are flat and tender. Roll them, starting at one end until they are in a long tube-like form. Arrange them in a 9" by 9" pan. Mix together apricot jam, dressing, and onion soup mix. Pour entire mixture over chicken making sure the pieces are covered completely. Bake uncovered in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 mins or until done.
I serve this over brown rice and a side of steamed veggies and it's so good!

2 comments:

Trav and Linds said...

Mmmmm....forgot about that recipe. Sounds yummy, I am going to have to bust that one out again. I love the caloire breakdown too.

Benita said...

i'll just go ahead and give my confirmation of this recipe. megan makes it often and i always get to eat it with her. it is so so good!