Saturday, March 28, 2009

See Megan Run...


14 miler. Check.

Wow. Today was unexpectedly hard. It feels strange to say that my run today was a LOT harder than my run last week. Despite the decrease in mileage.

I did everything right. Ate enough carbohydrates last night, got enough sleep. ate a great breakfast. had my water, had my shot blocks, etc. etc. etc. but no dice.

What didn't i have? the mental readiness. I think I went to bed last night knowing I wasn't excited about getting up and knocking out the 14. I woke up this morning not wanting to lace up my sneaks, and it effected me. I felt sluggish. It felt like I was going to be running for the rest of the day. I think this proves that mental preparation is really important, and does indeed effect you!

Despite all this...I made it, and I'm glad to be done!

Next week is my hardest week and then it's easy cheese until race day.

I'll top out next week at about 40 miles total. goooooo....pray for me! ;)

2 comments:

Benita said...

wow you are doing so good!! i can't believe you are almost done! so crazy. i can't wait to come cheer you on at the race, only one more short month.

Nichole Barney said...

Megs your awesome! Good luck with the long one!