Friday, March 13, 2009

WHAT should I order?


SO, you're going out to eat tonight.
Restaurant of choice?
California Pizza Kitchen.
You're stressing out because you have done SO well with your eating and your working out this week and you don't want to throw it all away just because its the weekend.
Breathe easy...

ORDER THIS:
a cup of Sedona Tortilla Soup
176 calories
5 grams of fat
22 grams of carbs
4 grams of protein

&

1/2 Field Greens Salad
(ask for fat free balsalmic dressing)
152 calories
8 grams of fat (this is from the nuts, so it's good fat!)
16 grams of carbs
2 grams of fiber
.5 grams of protein

This whole meal totals to about 330 calories. You can't beat that! The soup just so happens to be one of my FAVORITE things at CPK. Calorie counting, or not. It has such a good flavor. The salad is delicious with diced pears and candied walnuts, and you can't even tell the difference with the fat free balsalmic dressing. Skip the bread beforehand. It adds unnecessary calories, and let's be honest it's not THAT good.

Unless you're planning on sharing your dessert with the 6 other people at your table I say skip it. Go get yourself soome non-fat frozen yogurt instead. YUM!

3 comments:

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

I love this! Such a good ideaa :) thanks for posting! Now I'll know what to get next time!

Holly said...

ahh, i am totally going to get this next time! you are such a helper. :)

Love + Marriage said...

I am late responding but I actually just ate this meal on your advice. I messed up there a couple weeks ago when I got the regular balsamic - which has more calories than blue cheese!
I cannot believe the low calorie count and how FULL I was. Please do more of these features. If I could afford $15 lunches everyday, this is what I would eat!