Tuesday, April 28, 2009

meet my new besty besty...

Yes, this fine piece of machinery has become my best friend over this past week. Despite some soreness, I thought I made my way out of the marathon injury free. Unfortunately I wasn't 100% correct in that assumption. Turns out I have a stress fracture in my foot. NO BUENO. It's been good for me to take some time off to give my body some recoup time. I'll be honest though, it's been quite a challenge going from intense workouts 5-6 days a week to "taking it easy." So, what has the game plan been?
Watching my food intake very carefully, strength training, and spinning.
I have always really liked spin class, but it doesn't always fit into the schedule. So, I decided to go solo. Most gyms don't mind if you use the spin bikes while classes aren't going. So grab your ipod, and a bottle of water and try out the following...It will get you I promise!

BIKE SETUP...
First things first. You need to make sure your bike is set up correctly.
click HERE to find out the best way to get set up

next, make sure you've got some upbeat music on your ipod, unless you don't mind working out noiseless

I like to work out on a "per song" basis. I set the stopwatch on my ipod so I can keep track of how long i'm going for and I get that workout playlist jammin'.

Start with a brisk warm up, getting the blood flowing in those legs. From there i'd just vary your workout from these options
-do 30 second sprints followed by one min recovery
-do gradual hill climbs increasing the resistance every 30 seconds
-crank up that resistance and do sprints
-alternate between sitting and standing
-shift your weight forward and backward while standing

Just remember, it's your workout. YOU are the only one who can push yourself and make your workout worth it!

2 comments:

Jessica and Reece said...

I TOTALLY understand how you feel. Just wait until you are six months pregnant, and you have to concentrate hard just to keep from falling off the elliptical.

Unknown said...

nike air max 2017
yeezy boost 350 v2
nike air zoom
longchamp bags
lacoste outlet
kobe shoes
longchamp bags
adidas stan smith sneakers
adidas nmd
timberland outlet