Friday, October 16, 2009

Soy-licious Snack

I'm a snacker by nature. It's just who I am. Because of this I'm always on the lookout for healthy snacks that don't break the calorie bank. My new love as of late?....Edamame. If you haven't joined the ranks of the edamame-loving nation, it's about time you do so. These soy beans (which are considered a veggie) are filling, low-calorie, flavorful, high in protien, and extremely delicious. Edamame is sold in the pods, shelled, or mixed in with other veggie varieties.
My favorite way to eat them is the Seapoint Farms individually portioned containers that are sold in the frozen section at Costco.Each packet is only 99 calories and has 8 grams of protien...(amazing)...and they really are filling! Pop them in the microwave for 3 mins, add a little kosher salt, and you'll be sitting pretty. They are so yummy, and super fun to eat! Happy snacking!

2 comments:

Love + Marriage said...

My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in June and the doctor has since told us girls which foods to avoid or cut back on because it "feeds" or helps cancer cells grow. Meat and milk of course - especially non-organic. But I was so surprised, we were told we need to limit soy because it has a lot of estrogen in it.
My husband is a vegetarian so we eat soy in many forms - milk, tofu, edamame. The basic rule is to have smaller and fewer servings/week. Just thought I would pass along the knowledge.

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.9.2
coach outlet
jordan 8
tods outlet
tory burch handbags
nike shoes for men
adidas superstars
nike outlet store
off-white clothing
true religion jeans
cheap jordans