Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mixing it up

I didn't forget about all y'all. I didn't abandon you. I promise. Well, technically I did, but for a good cause. I have been studying like mad for the GRE, so I can apply to grad school in the fall. So, like I said, all for a good cause. AND...all I really wanted to do when I sat down to my computer to study was blog about all these fun ideas I have in my head. So, I'm glad to be back.

That being said; I've been getting tired of my same old food choices as of late. I have been wanting to mix things up as far as my meals go. My darling friend Roxanne told me to try these delightful Morningstar veggie burgers. I was skeptical to say the least. I was afraid of the texture, the taste, etc. etc. etc. I decided to give them a shot, and I LOVED them. I went with the Spicy Black Bean. I used a La Tortilla Factory, Low Carb Tortilla. Added some red leaf lettuce, avocado, tomato, a TBS of fat free ranch dressing and a TBS of salsa. I cut up the veggie burger, and went to town. It was REALLY good. The whole burrito adds up to be about 250 calories and over 20 grams of protein. Amazing I know.

(Excuse the poor photo quality...phone pic.)

No comments: