Thursday, October 28, 2010

No Regrets.

Yesterday I was watching the Today Show while I was working out in the morning. Don't worry I'm still quaruntined to the elliptical because my ankle isn't quite back to normal yet. P.S. Injuries are the worst...Anyways...Apollo Ono the speed skater was on the show promoting a new book he wrote. I liked something he said. He said he wanted to live his life with no regrets. He wanted to live feeling like he did everything in his power to be the best that he could be. I think that is something that is SO applicable to anyone, and of course applicable in our lives as far as health is concerned. I hear a lot of my clients say, "Ten years ago was my prime. I'll never be able to get back to where I was then," or "If only I could look a certain way, or feel a certain way, or complete this race or that race. I just don't have the time to look as good as I want."
I don't buy it. 
I don't buy it for one second. If you want to look a certain way, feel a certain way, or accomplish a certain goal. DO IT. Live with no regrets. Don't let your own excuses get in the way. If you feel like there is a habit that is getting in the way of your progress, do whatever you need to to do change it.
Don't keep thinking that you'll change tomorrow. Change today. Change now. Don't let another year pass with your mindset being...sheesh if only I'd done what I needed to do to lose those extra ten pounds last year. I might not feel so bad about myself right now, or my cholesterol might have gone down, or I wouldn't feel so sluggish.
Stop with the excuses.
Start the good habits.
CHANGE NOW.
Live with no regrets. You are so much more capable than you are giving yourself credit for. Don't play the What if game. Make it come to pass.

2 comments:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

So inspiring! I love it!! It is going to be my new mantra! I missed you so much at spin yesterday.... do you know how much longer you are stuck on the elliptical?

The Smith Clan said...

Great Post Megs! Love what you said about the mind games we play with ourselves! You have to want it really bad!