Friday, November 5, 2010

Oh I love reality TV.

I am in love with garbanzo beans these days. I seriously just can't get enough. I am always looking for healthy, quick meals that are veggie filled and nutritious. I am LOVING my latest creation, that just so happens to showcase my favorite lil' chick peas. I don't even have a name for it...but it's good. 
Here's what I do...Slice up one zucchini and about a cup of broccoli and put them in a microwaveable tupperware with a splash of water. Place three of the four corners of the tupperware lid on the veggies so there is a small vent and put them in the microwave for five minutes. Drain the water off them, add about a half a cup of garbanzo beans, and about a half a cup of your favorite tomato or pasta sauce. I LOVE the Ragu Chunky Garden Combination because there are whole vegetables in the sauce. Place the tupperware in the microwave for another minute and then stir to combine. It's SO tasty. I ate mine for lunch today with some toasted whole wheat pita bread. It's Goooooood. 

I wasn't super stoked about doing my cardio mid-day today, but with my work schedule I didn't have much of a choice. At about noon I headed over to the gym to hop on my BFF as of late, the elliptical. I still can't run, climb the stairs, or do much else for that matter. I never thought I would miss the stairs, but there is a great feeling of accomplishment that comes with the revolving torture they bring. I hopped on the elliptical and was flipping through the channels hoping I'd find something on TV, and sure enough...Jack pot! Running Russel Simmons, anyone? I was completely enthralled for my hour sweat fest, and I was seriously sad when it was over. Just another show to try and remember to find on Hulu. Worth it. Finding something you enjoy watching, listening to, or reading is a GREAT way to make it through what can be a boring cardio session. Find a workout buddy you can talk with, or listen to inspirational talks or books while you work out. Better yet, do something you enjoy! Go for a hike in the mountains, ride a bike, take a kickboxing class. Find what works for you...but I still totally suggest my favorites...Running Russel Simmons, The Biggest Loser, Regis and Kelly, The Today Show, Modern Family, or Tori and Dean Home Sweet Hollywood.

No comments: