Saturday, December 18, 2010

Put A Little Spin On Your Lettuce

Are you ready for Christmas? I'm almost there! I did some Christmas shopping today, and it is a zoo everywhere. It didn't even bother me though, it just made me more and more excited that Christmas is officially ONE week away! I feel like there are two things that make me act like a 5 year old. Disneyland and Christmas. Both so much fun! Today for lunch I was really craving sweet potatoes, so I decided to put some in my wrap. I washed my sweet potato, poked holes in it with a fork, and put it in the microwave for 6 minutes. Then I peeled it and diced it. I ate it with spinach, chick peas, a little salt and pepper, and a drizzle of fat free dressing. It was tasty.
 I added a side of steamed broccoli and carrots. I know I've raved about the La Tortilla Factory Wraps like a bazillion million times, but if you haven't tried them at this point you are just plain crazy. You can get a pack of 20 at Costco for like 5 dollars. SO worth it.
 A couple of years ago for Christmas my mom gave me a salad spinner. I was a little weary of what in the world she was giving me, but let's be honest Elaine knows best. I realize that some people don't even know what that is, but it is one of the greatest kitchen appliances I own. I LOVE IT. One reason I think a lot of people don't eat salads more often is because of the preparation that is involved. Washing and drying lettuce can be a total pain, it's true. Get yourself a salad spinner. You can wash all of your lettuce at once, and be done with it! (And it won't become soggy or wilted.)
1. Place all of the leaves in the strainer like bowl and run water over them, giving them a good wash down. Most of the water will drain right through.
2. Place the bowl into the spinner and spin the rest of the liquid off. Just like that. Done.
After that you can throw your lettuce into a Ziplock bag or a tupperware and have it ready in the fridge. Remember that preparation is part of what is going to help you eat healthy and reach the goals you are aiming for! Washing and cutting up your produce when you get home from the store is going to make your life a lot easier when you go to reach for whatever it is you're eating.

Do you ever use salad spinners? Do any of you even know what that is??

Don't forget to enter my Christmas Mix Giveaway. You have until the 23rd to enter!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a spinner and use it at least once a week.

Although the first week I had it (got it about 2 years ago), Dan put the bowl in the dishwasher, even though I told him not to (mine can't do in this dishwasher). It's fine and still works, but the outside bowl and lid are a really tight fit now (probably better, haha!)

Jenn said...

Never heard of a spinner! How ingenious!

Love sweet potatoes. I could maybe eat them 4 or 5 times a week! Also addicted to those wraps except I can only get them in a pkg of 6 for like $4. We are not blessed with a Costgo in this here territory!

Thanks for the comment! I'm a new follower!

marathonbaker said...

My boyfriend surprised me with a salad spinner over the summer and I love it. So easy to wash lettuce in.

Unknown said...

201510.26dongdong
Louis vuitton Official Website Outlet Online
michael kors outlet
tory burch sale
Michael Kors Handbags Clearance Outlet
Canada Goose Outlet Online
louis vuitton outlet online
michael kors outlet
mont blanc pens
ugg boots
100% Authentic New Lerbron James Shoes
coach outlet
michael kors bags
Montblanc Pen Refills Outlet
burberry outlet
canada goose jackets
michael kors outlet online
hollister uk sale
Air Jordan 6 Champagne Bottle
mihchael kors bag
michael kors handbags
coach outlet online
Authentic Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet Sale
ugg boots
true religion jeans
Michael Kors Outlet Sale Handbags Discount
Christian Louboutin Outlet Sale Cheap Online
coach outlet
cheap jordans,jordan shoes,cheap jordan shoes
Authentic Air Jordan 13 shoes for sale
cheap uggs
Designer Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores

yanmaneee said...

curry 6 shoes
hermes bags
nike shoes
golden goose outlet
curry 4
off white shoes
air yeezy
hermes online
kyrie spongebob
yeezy boost 700

thethe said...

see it hereyou can check here my companyvisit the website find more infocheck it out

fise said...

view it now my sources Learn More Here these details official website Discover More

teighez said...

news s4l92w9q95 louis vuitton fake replica bags korea replica bags wholesale hong kong gucci replica handbags b6z65n7a52 replica bags online shopping Clicking Here b4i39g8q26 best replica bags online replica bags online