Tuesday, December 6, 2011

12 Days of Holiday Health Tips - Day 5

I have learned over the years that I have so much more fun working out when I have a workout partner. I loved being at home these past couple weeks in Arizona where I was able to go running with Nichole and work out with my sister and my mom doing the filthy fifty. I knew they were planning on me to be there for the workout, and I was counting on them as well. When Benita used to live close by we worked out together all the time, and I loved it! I definitely miss that! Not only is it a heck of a lot more entertaining to be able to talk and laugh/complain your way through your workout, but it gives you some accountability as well. This principle definitely holds true during the busy holiday season.
(Image Source)
 Tip #5: Find a Workout Partner 

Make your chances of getting your workouts done a little higher by finding someone else to workout with you. I know that this season is SO busy, and finding time in your own schedule to work out is hard enough. The chances of you being able to combine two schedules may be tricky, but if you want to stick to your routine, having someone there to keep you at it is a definite plus. I know that many of my clients are perfectly capable of working out alone; however, it is the fact they know I am there waiting for them three times a week that keeps them consistent. Find a buddy! You may be a huge help in motivating THEM to get in shape too! Worth it!

Do you have someone you work out with on a regular basis, or do you prefer to workout alone? Do you find that it helps to have a buddy?

To read all of the Holiday Health Tips Click HERE.