Saturday, May 12, 2012

Weekend Ramblings...

Saturday's are like little drops of heaven. Sunny and warm Saturdays are like little drops of heaven with a cherry on top. Today was one of those. This weekend has been fantastic thus far. Here are some weekend ramblings for you..

- My workouts this week have been AWESOME.
Monday: 60 mins of cross training intervals on the elliptical
Tuesday: Kettlebell Burpee Pyramid workout from Hell = sore inner thighs for a week
Wednesday: 7 mile run up the Provo Canyon Trail & I taught my Barre Bootcamp class = sore on top of sore.
Thursday: Power Lift Circuit: Combo of deadlifts, power cleans, squat presses, overhead presses, and back squats + a one mile sprint.
Friday: 12 mile long run and a sweatshop yoga class
Saturday: Restorative Yoga class + a quick sprint/squat/lunge circuit with some core work

- I have had some pain in my upper back for like the past 6 or 7 weeks. I thought at first that i might have torn or strained my rhomboid or lat muscle, but even when I laid off it for a bit it still really bothered me. Lucky for me there is an awesome chiropractor that comes to our restorative yoga class, and he took a look at my back for me. Turns out I have a rib out of place, and that is what has been killing me. He did an adjustment for me, and gave me some rehab tips. I hope it helps!

- 4 weeks until the marathon. Yowza. That came quick. I am ready to be over with it. I am excited to focus my training more on lifting and circuit workouts!

- I tried Gu Chomps for the first time yesterday and I LOVED them. I usually go with Shotblox, but I decided to switch it up, and they worked like a dream. I don't do well with the Gu gels, the texture isn't my fave.

- I saw The Avengers last night. I was surprised that I actually really liked it. I am usually not one for a superhero movie. However, Robert Downey Jr. made that movie.

- I have a few awesome product reviews coming up. I can't wait to share them!

 - I managed to squeeze in two post-workout lay out sessions in the park. That is happiness right there. I LOVE summer. L-O-V-E. Love. I can't wait for warm nights, outdoor runs, driving with the windows down, family visits, vacations, BBQ's, pool time, night walks, etc. etc. etc. ahhhh I love it!
What is your favorite way to refuel on your long runs? Did you get some good workouts in this week? What are you most excited about this summer??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering, as a very health-conscious person, how do you justify laying out? Not trying to be mean, I'm just curious!

Unknown said...

Great ab routines are complementary in removing excess fat close to your waist. As you become stronger with all your abdominal exercise muscular tissues, you also burn the stored fat which is so hard to get too.

Soma Zaidi Hapa said...

Lovely blog yoou have here