Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Last Day in the Grand Canyon State

That title makes it sound like my time here in AZ has been full of outdoorsy adventure like rock climbing, and hiking. That is complete false advertising. If there was a pie chart of what our time here has been like it would consist mainly of playing in the pool, shopping, going to matinees to get out of the heat, eating, and some working out as well. We climbed the stairs at the movie theater if you want to count some climbing, and my nephew braved a snow cone called Mt. Everest. Does that count?

 Last night my sister found a workout on pinterest that looked fun and she sent it to me. My mom and I decided to try it out this morning and I liked it a lot. The workout was from the blog Peanut Butter Fingers. It was quick and painful. Just the way I like it. It looked like this.
My mom braved the workout with me, and I really liked it! It is nice to mix things up and do something that someone else thought of every now and again :) Did you know that counting to 50 can seem pretty high when you are doing things like jump squats and chest presses? Well it can.

This gave me some inspiration for a July workout challenge that I think will be fun! Today, being July 1st Marks the first day of the challenge.

DAY #1 Hold a 1 minute plank. Add this challenge to your workout routine and we'll build on every day!

Next time you hear from me I'll be in the Beehive State! Farewell AZ! Have you found any of your workouts off of Pinterest? If so, link them here I'd love to see them!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I started a challenge like that a month or so ago. Currently I hold my plank for 5:30. I make myself hold it 5 days a week and then increase by 15 sec the next week. Great warm-up!