Saturday, August 4, 2012

Bananarama! Snack time!

A lot of people have asked me what I eat as far as snacks are concerned with my paleo eating. Here is a list of some of my favorites...
- frozen banana chunks (they are like lil' popsicles to me)
So simple. So tasty. 
- Natural turkey jerky from Costco
- Almonds (My favorites are raw almonds, and the cocoa roasted almonds)
- Produce (baby carrots, berries, apples, cherries, cherry tomatoes, all other veggies)
Sorry for the blurry photo...but this is a pic of the beautiful tomatoes a client brought me yesterday from her garden. Garden tomatoes = heaven. I drizzled a little balsalmic on them and was happy as can be! 
- Larabars
- Roasted Veggies (I know I already said veggies, but I usually make a huge batch of THESE roasted veggies and eat them all week.) 
- Rotisserie Chicken 
-Eggs 

Pretty simple. My meals and my snacks are all kind of the same it seems. I am a total snacker by nature, so it is always important for me to be prepared. I used to be a reach the hand in the cereal box/dip my finger in the jar of PB kind of girl, but that is no longer the case. The biggest thing for me is having fresh produce on hand, so I always have a good option to go to if I need a snack! Don't forget that snacking calories count too, and a LOT of people think they are eating healthy, but fail to remember the excess four or five hundred calories that have crept in their day by way of extra handfulls here and there. 

What is your favorite go-to healthy snack? Have you ever tried frozen bananas? You should...they are sooooo good! 

No comments: